With the introduction of new domestic and international health and environmental regulations, China’s prosperity and development of the flame retardant chemicals market is about to usher in a major change. The report said that the flame retardant industry flourished in China but the road bumpy
Reported that the Chinese market last year, sales exceeded 6.7 billion yuan (about 1.1 billion US dollars).
Most flame retardants are supplied to the plastics and chemicals industries. They are widely added to polyethylene, polypropylene, polyurethane and flexible PVC. Its main applications include automotive plastics, printed circuit boards and televisions with thermoplastics.
The demand for phosphorus-based and inorganic flame retardants is on the rise, while halogen flame retardants, which have been widely used for decades, have lost their markets under increasingly stringent health and environmental scrutiny. The European Union has banned or restricted brominated flame retardants, which is the main type of halogen-based flame retardants. In the US, medical system giant Kaiser Permanent last year began to stop buying all furniture containing flame retardants. The report said that the flame retardant industry flourished in China but the road bumpy.
Chinese name: triethyl phosphate
English name: Triethyl phosphate
Traits: colorless transparent liquid
Chromaticity (APHA): ≤ 20
Content (GC%): ≥ 99.5%
Acid value (mgKOH / g): ≤0.05
Specific gravity (20 ° C / 4 ° C): 1.069-1.073
Refractive index (nD20): 1.4050-1.4070
Raw materials: phosphorus oxychloride and ethanol-based, two-step esterification synthesis.
Triethyl phosphate Packing: Net weight 200KG / galvanized iron drum (a small cabinet to fight loaded with 16 tons), 1000KG / IB barrels (18 tons a small cabinet) or 23 tons ISOTANK.
Triethyl phosphate is a high boiling point solvent, rubber and plastic plasticizer, catalyst, also used as raw material for pesticide pesticide preparation, used as ethylation reagent for ketene production.
(1) Catalyst: xylene isomer catalyst; olefin polymerization catalyst; catalyst for manufacturing tetraethyl lead; catalyst for carbodiimide production; catalyst for displacement reaction of trialkyl boron and olefin; ethylene production by high temperature dehydration with acetic acid Ketone; a catalyst for polymerization of styrene with a conjugated diene compound; and when used in the polymerization of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol, the action of preventing discoloration of the fiber.
(2) Solvent: solvent for cellulose nitrate and cellulose acetate; solvent for maintaining the life of the organic peroxide catalyst; solvent for dispersing vinyl fluoride; peroxide agent for curing catalyst of polyester resin and epoxy resin And diluents.
(3) stabilizer: chlorine insecticides and stabilizers; phenolic resin stabilizer; sugar alcohol resin solid.
(4) synthetic resin: xylenol formaldehyde resin curing agent; shell mold used in phenolic resin softener; vinyl chloride softener; vinyl acetate polymer plasticizer; polyester resin flame retardant .
(5) Triethyl phosphate (flame retardant TEP) for the high boiling point solvent, rubber and plastic plasticizer, pesticide pesticides used for the preparation of raw materials for ethylation agent and ketene production. In Japan, 70% of the product for the catalyst.
The report predicts, however, that China’s poor enforcement and regulation means that transition from halogen flame retardants may be slower.